Skip to content

LCC Dispute Information

An Ombudsman provides a safe, comfortable, confidential environment for students to discuss concerns related to college policies and procedures. To learn more about the Ombudsman role visit the Student Life Ombudsman-Student Advocate website.

Please note that all links on this page open in new tabs.

Final Grade Disputes

Appeal your final course grade or learn more about the Final Course Grade Dispute process.

Final Grade Appeal


Due Process Policy

Student Code of Conduct

To report an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct, including but not limited to: disruptive behavior, theft, cheating, violation of college policy, etc.

Make a Report


Academic Dishonesty Policy

Student Complaints

To find assistance in resolving matters that are non-academic, non-financial in nature.

Student Complaints

Complaints Procedure

Student Appeal of Educational Records

Educational Records Procedure

Student Dispute of Administrative Withdrawal from Class(s)

If you were administratively withdrawn from a course and feel that the action was incorrect, you may dispute the action.

The college may initiate a withdrawal for one or more of the following reasons:

  1. The student lacks the appropriate prerequisite(s) for the course.
  2. Faculty in programs with licensure/accreditation requirements that mandate attendance-taking must still initiate a withdrawal. Faculty in those classes must drop students within 14 days of non-participation.
  3. The student has engaged in behavior that interferes with the instructional process-as determined by the Office of Student Compliance.
  4. The student is not in good financial standing with the college.
  5. Faculty can initiate a withdrawal on behalf of a student in extenuating circumstances – such as illness, accident, grievance-personal loss, death of student, or any other circumstance beyond the student’s control- where the student is unable to complete the drop process.

Dispute Administrative Withdrawal


Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Violations
Administrative Appeals

Administrative Appeals are used to appeal situations based upon:

  • College Error
  • Emergency Situations
  • Unexpected Events
  • Understandable Misinformation
  • Resumption of Studies
  • Residency Errors

Administrative Appeals


Financial Aid Appeals

To find assistance in resolving Financial Aid concerns.

Financial Aid Forms

SAP Procedure

Financial Aid Policies

Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination

Students or employees who believe that discrimination has occurred against themselves or others are urged to report the matter.

Express Your Concern


Equal Opportunity Policy

As required by the Department of Education as of the October 29, 2010 regulations, (34 C.F.R. 668.43, 12. iv, b), the following information is provided for complaints that are unresolved after addressing them at the College as described above. The Higher Learning Commission will take complaints related to general practices that may affect accreditation. To get more specific information, visit or contact the HLC at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 or visit Higher Learning Commission.

If the unresolved complaint is a consumer protection issue, contact the Attorney General at the Consumer Protection Division, P.O. Box 30213, Lansing, MI 48909-7713 or visit  Michigan Department of Treasury.

If the unresolved complaint involves an active duty service member or veteran of the U.S. military, contact the DoD Post-Secondary Education Complaint System.


Student Affairs Division
Gannon Building
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube