Skip to content

Student Employment

Applying for Student Employment

Please note: On-campus Student Employment Jobs Postings have been moved and are now located on the new HR Cornerstone site referenced in the Step-by-step Application Instructions provided below.

1. Things to know before you apply PDF file

2. Step-by-step application instructions PDF file

3. Search and apply for jobs

For in-person assistance with the application, please visit the StarZone on the 2nd floor of the Gannon Building, or call the Financial Aid Office at (517) 483-1200, option 1.

For career advising, resume, and interview assistance, please visit Career and Employment Services in the StarZone, or call (517) 483-1172.

The Financial Aid Office and the Career and Employment Services Department (CES) partner to offer services related to employment for students. The Financial Aid Office is responsible for the management of all on-campus Student Employment, off-campus Federal Work-Study employment and America Reads Tutors. CES provides employment services such as resume writing assistance and special population resources. All on-campus, off-campus Federal Work-Study, America Reads Tutor and external employment positions are posted through HR Employment Opportunities. Off-campus Federal Work-Study and other external employment positions are posted through Student Job Link. To qualify for all on-campus, off-campus Federal Work-Study and America Reads Tutor Student Employees, the student:

  • Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or have approval to waive requirement.
  • Are limited to working a maximum of 25 hours per week.
  • Must meet the following requirements:
    • International Students must be enrolled for at least 12 credits during fall or spring semester unless granted special approval by International Admissions
    • All students must be enrolled and attending the following minimum number of credits:
      • Fall and Spring Semester - 6 credits for the entire time working
      • Summer Semester - 3 credits over a minimum period of eight weeks

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study is a need-based federal program that provides students with employment opportunities, both on- and off-campus, to assist with educational expenses. Students must meet the basic eligibility requirements to receive these funds. To determine the amount of Federal Work-Study awarded, students can access their myLCC account.

Once awarded, the student must apply for posted positions on to secure a job. Receiving a Work-Study award does not guarantee employment at Lansing Community College or at authorized off-campus employers. Student Employees are hired based on skills and abilities.

After being hired, students work to earn the Work-Study funds. The earnings are paid to the student bi-weekly. Students can earn up to the amount awarded. If the student earnings exceed the amount awarded, the hiring department will determine if department funds are available to retain the student as a Student Employee.


Financial Aid at Lansing Community College

Financial Aid Office
Gannon Building
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200 (option 1)
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube

Office Hours
Monday & Tuesday: 8a – 6p
Wednesday & Thursday: 8a - 5p
Friday: 8a –4p

FAFSA School Code: 002278