Skip to content

Injury Or Illness

In the case of a serious injury or illness, dial 911 for assistance. Be prepared to provide the 911 dispatcher the following information:

  • where the injured or ill person is located.
  • the nature of their injury or illness.
  • the gender and approximate age of the person.
  • your name, location and phone number where you can be reached in case additional information is needed.

If a student is experiencing a medical emergency during class, the class should be dismissed temporarily until the emergency is over. Do not attempt to move the person. Other than those persons rendering immediate aid to the person, all others should clear out of the immediate area.

All injuries on campus, regardless of severity, must be reported to LCC Police. Minor injuries can be reported by dialing 1800 from any campus phone, or dialing 483-1800 from a non-college phone.

Medical care facilities will often ask for authorization to treat an injured employee. LCC Police or the Business Office can authorize medical treatment of an employee injured at work. Any questions regarding Workers' Compensation can be directed to the Business Office, 483-1730.

Emergency Management & Safety Services at Lansing Community College

Emergency Management Department
Gannon Bldg, Room 2154
Phone: (517) 483-1572
Additional contact information »

Emergency Management Department - Phone: 517-483-1570 - Contact Us